Recruit Orientation information is at the bottom of this page..... scroll down
Who are we?:
What does the program cost?:
Initially, the enrollment fees are $150.00 (payment options are always available and always confidential, no problem, just ask). This is NOT the annual cost.
That $150.00 pays for ALL of the following:
YM shoulder patch
YM Unit Arch patch
YM “name tapes” (X3, 2 name and 1 “Young Marine”)
All ribbons and awards earned during the 1st year
All rank insignia earned during the 1st year
Young Marine basic guidebook (and any other guidebook levels reached during the first year)
Young Marine National tee shirt
Young Marine Unit tee shirt
Young Marine Unit gear bag (duffle bag)1 full year of registration in the program. ($50 value)
Any servicable uniform items that are too small, can be traded in for the appropriate size at no additional cost. If additional items are requested or required, your cost will be our cost.
Any gear or uniforms you may have that you wish to use in our program, must be brought in and examined before you will be authorized to use them "in uniform". All Marine Corps uniform regulations will be followed at all times as they relate to this program and the Young Marine uniform.
To qualify; (Young Marines is not for everyone)
- You must be at least 8 years old, and you cannot yet be graduated from High School.
- You cannot be unwilling to conform to the Young Marine grooming & uniform standards.
- You must be enrolled in and doing well in school. (proof may be required)
- You must have a Parent or Guardian enroll you.
- You must be physically able to excersise but do NOT need to be physically "fit" to start.
- You must be able to commit to 13 weeks (once a week) of recruit training.
- You must be, and agree to remain Drug, Alcohol and Tobacco free.
- You must be willing to take orders from someone younger than you.
You can now pre-fill your applications on your computer, "Print" to PDF creator and e-mail them to us. If you wish, we'll print them for you and have them ready for signature. If you have a problem using the form, please contact me (Unit Commander) so that I can look into it and get it fixed for you.
The next Recruit Orientation won't be until January since we've already started our summer boot camp. The recruiting incentive program is in full effect for all current Young Marines AND for the current recruit class. See an Adult Leader for details. YOU can earn money, your parents can save money and you can earn awards for recruiting friends and family into the program.